Airport

Pine Bluff Regional Airport

The airport at Pine Bluff was first established in 1940 during World War II. In July of 1940 the city issued bonds for purchase of property for the airport. The City then leased the property to the United States government for the establishment of the Pine Bluff School of Aviation, an army pilot training school, in October of the same year.

World War II brought profound changes to Pine Bluff and its agriculture, timber, and railroad-oriented economy. The first took the form of a new airport. Grider Field housed the Pine Bluff School of Aviation to furnish flight training for air cadets for the Army Air Corps. Approximately 10,000 flyers were trained by the time the school closed in October 1944. The Pine Bluff Arsenal and Grider Field literally changed Pine Bluff from an agricultural economy to a diversified base with a mixture of industry and agriculture.

After the war, the airport property was transferred back to the city in 1947 by the War Assets Administrator of the Civil Aeronautics Administration under the Surplus Property Act. The City of Pine Bluff maintained the airport until 1957 when the Pine Bluff Aviation Commission was es­tablished to manage and maintain the airport as a general aviation airport for Pine Bluff , Jeffer­son County , and Southeast Arkansas .

Today's Grider Field is a 850+ acre facility consisting of a large terminal and restaurant, an FAA weather monitoring station, private corporate hangars, fixed-base operators offering fuel and avi­onics services, a fire station, an aviation museum, and private rental hangars. Grider Field serves as the only ILS-equipped, jet capable airport in southeast Arkansas. Grider Field provides a bad-weather alternative for pilots going to Warren, Fordyce, Star City, and Monticello. The airport is managed by a full-time, on-site air-port manager and a 7-member commission who serve as volunteers for 5 years.

Pine Bluff Regional Airport is located just south of Pine Buff on US Highway 65 near US Highway 425 and serves as a general aviation facility. Corporate users include Tyson Foods, Jefferson Regional Medical Center, International Paper, the Pine Bluff Arsenal, the Arkansas Department of Corrections, and Union Pacific Railroad. The airport is a department of the City of Pine Bluff, and airport funding is derived from fuel sales, user leases, and City general appropriations.

100LL Avgas and Jet A are available 24/7 at the self-serve fueling station located at the South end of the ramp. Look for the large Shell sign.

100LL Avgas and Jet A Full service is available from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, 7 days a week.

The airport office is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas days.

After hours service is available by calling 870-267-2104. A $50.00 service charge will apply.

 

Translation of Website






Designed by Myeres.com | Travel Directory | Home | Rooms | Amenities | Pet Friendly Hotel White Hall AR | Reservations Online s | Specials | Packages | Group Reservations | Cancellations | Directions Redwood Inn & Suites White Hall Arkansas | Photo Gallery | Activities | Airport | Attractions | Business | Dining | Downtown | Golf | Government | Hospitals | Shopping | University | Contact Redwood Inn & Suites White Hall Arkansas AR | Privacy Policy |

White Hall Arkansas Sites: City of White Hall Arkansas | Things to do in Whitehall Arkansas | Homes Housing White Hall AR | City of Pine Bluff | Pine Bluff Convention and visitors Bureau

Designed and Powered by Myeres.com - Hotel Websites and Online Reservations